terça-feira, 10 de junho de 2008

Old thoughts of a betrayed soul

Once upon a time there was a boy. A betrayed, lonely boy who knew not what to think of the world. That boy tried to put his feelings in order, but he couldn't. Thus the boy wrote and wrote and eventually, as if unveiling true beauty, he reached, for a brief moment, truth and with that, the door to the unseen threads of the world opened up to him.
This is what he wrote. These are this boy's thoughts.

These are my thoughts...

Four years ago.

"What are "friends"? What is in fact "friendship"? People dwell in their closest one's problems... Friends sometimes seem like a strange source of amusement... For their own problems... There are lots of pre-made theories about friendship... All of them so "politicaly correct" that they end up being false. The experience I've had with "friends" tells me all of that... Betrayal is a feeling that destroys most friendships... But do people really owe such devotion to eachothers? In the end all facts point to a negative answer. Trust is never absolute. It is always shrouded by the trust in others... It doesnt matter how much you trust someone... That person will judge you based on someone else's judgement... Someone else THEY trust... For that... They are not immune to the cycle... Thus being themselves evaluated through these parameters. A group of friends is unified by a common interest. Once that interest is gone... So is the group. The ones who keep contact are those whose interests, diferent from the original one, are still the same. People are not forced to understand you as you are not forced to understand them. If you remain impartial to them, however, they will complain... No one's a saint, although everyone expects others to be. Those who acknowlege it, do all possible things not to be seen as saints. Humanity is the balance and it stabilizes every relationship beyond social interests. Friends gave me joys, and those same friends gave me bitter memories. Preferably I say I have no close friends. I say there is no one for who I would put my hands on fire. I am my best friend, the person whom I spent most time with and from who I can expect disapintments or happy moments at any time... Without bitter surprises. Since I'm writing this on a special date for someone, I'll leave someone a "happy birthday". Abiding to my own place in this person's own private world, the message I leave is... Expect as much enthusiasm from me as the one I got from you... No harsh intentions, of course. With this I conclude my thoughts for today. People dont suck, they just dont give a damn."

Sem comentários: